Every year we invite members to participate in the Club Tournament where we have Mens and Ladies Singles, Mens and Ladies Doubles and the Mixed Doubles competitions.
This is a popular event that attracts players of all standards with players in the doubles competitions being drawn from a hat additionally even if you lose in an early round there is an opportunity to get another chance as a lucky loser
The 2016 Competition
2016 Competitions Timetable :-
- Closing date for player entries to be received by 7 May
- Distribute the draw for each competition by mid May. The draw for partners and matches will be made when a few of the members are present
- First Round Quarter-Finals to be played by 31 May or asap due to the court situation
- Semi-Finals to be played by 30 June
- Competition Finals Day to be played on dates to be agreed in July (to be decided later).
co-operation would be appreciated to complete all semi-finals by the end
of June 2014. We can then agree dates to play the Finals in July
suitable to all players, before people are away on holiday in August.
It is difficult to agree dates to play Final matches in September
onwards due to the fading evening light and at the week-ends there are
league matches to be played.
2016 Competitons Rules.
The attached set of rules are designed to encourage players to make early contact to play matches, otherwise they forfeit a match. These are standard local tennis clubs rules to get all matches played in a timely manner and to hold the finals on a specified date(s). Rules 2014